Thursday, September 3, 2015

Living machines: The rising of the robot

After watching the documentary "Living machines: The rising of the robot" I had an interesting reaction towards what I saw. Typically most people think of robots as the humanoid figures, but in reality most robots are far from that. Most robots in use today are being used in industrial, military, and in environments hazardous to humans. Robots are seen as the next big step in human history because they are being able to accomplish task that humans would never be able to undertake. Each human live is valuable, but robots are disposable. In the documentary I saw robots that I had never seen before, some only idling up and about the room, others cleaning up radioactive waste from power plants. Slowly but profoundly impact full, some of these mechanical contraptions are making there way into our lives. Most robots I saw had some significant use, others were just plain weird. The field of robotics is ever growing but I'm struggling to find use in a robotic baby. Its amazing engineers were able to build a baby simulating robot but its plain creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment